Sunday, June 21, 2009

t-minus one week

Greetings, Earthlings. So after much pressure from one Shellykins, I have decided to write a brief post to appease you all, dear devoted readers. Short and hopefully sweet.

It is Sunday. This we all know. However, what you all may not realize is that this particular Sunday is of great hidden significance. Forgive me. Not so hidden. Yet in exactly one week, I shall have a few fellow 9Bers actually living in close proximity to me! This is exciting because right now I feel like I have no friends on campus, which is a legitimate and true statement, and I spend my evenings whittling away time watching Arrested Development and Flight of the Conchords, and bothering people on AIM. Not to mention blogging.
Nothing wrong with all of that, of course. But it would be nice to have some company to share it with, hence my eager anticipation for the arrival of Wegs and Sarita. Strangely, it is also supposed to be beautiful weather for their arrival, and after two weeks of on-off rain, this is much welcomed.
This is from when it was actually nice out. As in, the same day I went out to the dock. Also, the bad weather has been making me fatter, since I really do lack motivation on rainy days to go running through puddles. Hopefully that ends soon, as a group of us are planning to go swimming at FitRec to work out! Hurrah.

I've been reading "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac recently, and can't wait to finish it. I hate doing a half-assed job, and so I can't just put it down now that I'm a hundred pages in. It's not that bad, but I can't stand reading for too long without some sort of major plot action or surprising character development or something that directly challenges me to think. I think I've gotten severely worse with this since Lit class senior year, but I suppose that is also my Entitlement-era ADD kicking in. Sigh. What I really want to read is both the English and original French versions of "The Fall" or "La Chute" by Albert Camus. Damn, how I love the Frenchies. So provocative are they.

Aight, well I'm gonna peace out now, Cub Scouts. Enjoy your Sunday evening.

3 comments:

  1. I bought La chute at a used book sale this year ... when you get it, let me know so we can read it together like a mini book club! You should go used booksing in Bostie as you so lovingly call it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad that you will have fellow 9Bers soon. hopefully i can visit you guys before the term ends. with my parents' awful planning of vacation, i'm not sure whether i can because they keep changing the dates.
    anyways. let me know how la chute is. i need some more french.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks for mentioning me! i feel so persuasive haha..aww im glad fellow 9bers are coming soon! i'll be sure to visit!

    ReplyDelete