Thursday, June 11, 2009

sitting inside with fake lights



Bonjour, mes amis! So yet again, I've fallen prey to the seemingly annual temptation of blogging. When I was starting this sucker up, in fact, I came upon one of my old blogs. One post, and no more. Hopefully this one will live to see another day... I am actually guessing that it will, because it's SUMMER! which means nice weather (except not this week. or next, apparently) and lazing around and the ill-welcomed boredom that accompanies a lack of work.

Not that I haven't been working, of course! But my daily routines are very science-y. Interesting, yes, but science-y nonetheless, and when I get back to the dorm, all I want to do is spend some quality time with the good ol' Internet. Hence why my eyes are always shot by the time I decide to turn in for the night. Bah, I shall need laser surgery soon.

So, looking over what I've written thus far, it's been a rather uneventful first post. As all first posts are, undoubtedly. But I've already been under some pressure to be "intellectual" in this blog... the fact is, my life is just as boring as anyone else's. Which is why these blog things never work. I never have anything worthwhile to say! Imagine that!

Right now, I am listening to Iron and Wine's song "Naked as We Came," or in Patt's words, "the naked song." Which reminds me that she also dubbed Iron and Wine to be "summery music." I'm not sure if I agree... this song at least reminds me of a rainy day. I guess rainy days can be summery too, especially right now, since we're due to have rain/thundershowers for the next 6 days. Sadness. This is not how summer is supposed to be!
Now I am listening to Belle and Sebastian, which I think is actually summer music. They're mellow, which I like (everyone who has talked to me a lot this summer is telling me to get on with it now) and they have both happy and sad songs, which I also like! So the happy songs by them are like "yo I'm driving down the highway wid my arm out da window and it's a great summer day! lalala." And the saddish songs are for when you're sitting on the doorstep and it's starting to cool down and the sun is setting but the rays are still hitting half of your face, and you're just like "hmmm. life."

So here I am, thinking "hmmm. life." And my eyes are shot.

3 comments:

  1. i hope this works. apparently patt has been trying to comment mine since 9 in the morning and failed. but anyways. i think some of iron and wine is summery or at least springy. i could listen to flightless bird, american mouth while lying in the grass with my shades on just chilling out on a nice spring or summer day. and i like mellow songs too ;)

    did i mention that my comments are lame? haha sowwie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, they aren't lame :-P

    I suppose I agree, but most Iron and Wine songs make me feel very far away and sad... you may have named the one exception (that I've heard, at least.) But that doesn't mean I don't listen to them during the summer too!

    I <3 Sam Beam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw i'm a cuckoo sounds like it would def be on grey's haha.

    ReplyDelete